Over the next few minutes you will hopefully learn at least a little something about where to buy cameras and take photos in Leeds and Bradford. You will also read about everything we could think to include on the topic at hand.
We will start this off by listing some of the best local photographers for when you need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or want to capture memories at any special events. After that where to go for photo printing whether you want to print something off your phone, get a passport photo, need digital marketing materials, or whatever will be discussed, and they will be followed up by photography studios.
You can always try to “develop your skills” by taking lessons at the best photography classes in your area, sorry, we really tried to hold that corny joke back but couldn’t. Even if there aren’t many left these days the best places to buy cameras and repair shops near you will also be discussed. You can expect them to also sell new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, and more equipment and accessories.
After all of that is out of the way it will finally be time to get you out of here with a list of places to take beautiful pictures, plus where you can buy some loosely related items like camera phones or security cameras. Some of the places we mention could definitely be in multiple lists but we will do our best to put the right shops in the right lists and let you know when a place can handle multiple needs.
You can also expect to find a local map at the end of the post to help you figure out where all the Leeds and Bradford camera and photo places we list are located. This region of the world is one that we have written many other guides for in the past for those that are interested.
There is no better way to commemorate a wedding, graduation, or other special event then to have a great photographer near you capture the scene:
- Jupiter Moon Photography
- James & Lianne Wedding Photography
- 123 Photography
- Matt Sim Wedding Photography
- John Hope Photography
- Howard Barnett Wedding Photographer
- Peter Rollings Photography
- Barnaby Aldrick Wedding Photography
- Stories of I Do
- Nick Calini in Bradford
- Anna Wood Photography in Bradford
- Emilia’s Photography in Bradford
- RA Wedding Photography in Bradford
- ZS Productions in Bradford
Jupiter Moon Photography focuses on taking pictures of maternity, newborns, children’s, and families. Since 2010 James and Lianne have photographed over 250 weddings and specialize in traditional Yorkshire weddings. They also provide taking pictures of engagements, marquees, and city weddings.
123Photography was founded in 2002 by Daniel Thubron who is a photographer and journalist that graduated from Leeds University with a Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism. Weddings, portraits, events, and travel photography are among 123’s specialties but they have also worked with EMAP, which owns FHM Magazine, Heat, Smash Hits, and KISS, among other brands.
Matt Sim is an award-winning local wedding photographer, while John Hope Photography provides a variety of wedding types including barn, beach, castle, farm, and city weddings. Howard Barnett is a wedding photographer in your area that has received professional honors from famous brands and has collaborated with some of the country’s most renowned wedding and fashion photographers.
For over 10 years Peter Rollings has been taking professional pictures at wedding and offers pre-wedding sessions and portraits. Barnaby Aldrick has also been taking beautiful pictures at weddings in your area and throughout the world for over a decade.
Jon and his team are the award-winning wedding photographers of Stories of I Do. Nick Calini has been recognized by Fearless Photographer, The Master Photographers Association UK, Best Photography Business 2020 North, Wedding Photography and Videography Specialists of the Year 2021 to 2022, and 2022 to 2023 Prestige Awards as one of the finest photographers in Bradford.
Emilia’s Photography is an expert in taking pictures of newborns, children, and families. RA Wedding Photography takes quality photos of special events including cake smashing of babies and has received some online awards.
ZS Productions has been providing cinematic and aerial drone filming and photography as well as customized photobooks since 2008.
You can get all kinds of photos printed, even passport photos, at places like:
- Max Spielmann at 7 Merrion St
- The Photo Shop at 17A North Ln
- Max Spielmann at 4 Westgate, Bradford
- Fakhri Print Solutions at 3 Southbrook Terrace, Bradford
- Mr Ink at 220 Manningham Ln, Bradford
You should be able to get quality local photo printing from any on that list. Whether you need color or black and white images they can probably print them on just about anything.
Studios For Rent
Anyone with a serious project coming up can rent photography studio space at:
- Venture Photography at 62-64 North St
- Flawless Photography & Makeover Studios at Kilkenny House
- Brussels Street Studio at 3 Bowling Green Terrace
- ISO Photographic Studio & Headshots at #22b, 30-34 Aire St
- Meagan Sarah Photography at 2 Broadgate Ln
- LUV Photo Studio at 5 Fairfield Mews
- Studio Twelve at Heaton Rd, Bradford
Venture Photography focuses on capturing a family’s unique story and turning it into custom-made framed art. Venture loves to take pictures for babies, children, and families. Every year Flawless Photography & Makeover Studios captures the confidence and beauty of more than 15,000 clients.
Brussels Street provides photo studio rentals for fashion, portraits, still life, foods, and commercial productions. Their studio space is ideal for almost any shoot and comes with a full list of professional lighting and modifiers.
Mark Wheelwright is the owner of ISO Photographic and specializes in off-site events, headshots, and taking pictures of people and products. Megan Sarah is a wedding and newborn photographer near you.
Luv Photo Studio specializes in boudoirs, engagements, families, and events.
Studio Twelve rents out a contemporary and spacious area for photoshoots and films in Bradford.
David Speight Photography at 740 Bradford Road has been offering classes and workshops for all skill levels since 2012.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Leeds & Bradford
When you want to buy a new camera or get an old one repaired head to:
- Jessops at 30 The Headrow
- West Yorkshire Cameras at Grand Arcade
- The Flash Centre at #7 Scala Ct
- A.M.S Media at 557 Great Horton Rd, Bradford
- Global Mobile at 572 Thornton Rd, Bradford
Jessops is a good option if you need any kind of camera repair including mirrorless, compacts, DSLRs, and more. All types of cameras, lenses, and accessories are available at West Yorkshire Cameras who specializes in vintage cameras, provides repairs, and is a good place to take photography classes near you.
The Flash Centre is Elinchrom’s official UK service agent that provides a variety of repair services with a 1-year warranty.
Best Places For Selfies
You can take beautiful selfies at:
- Kirkstall Abbey
- Temple Newsam
- Golden Acre Park
- Cartwright Hall at Lister Park in Bradford
- Peel Park in Bradford
- City Park Mirror Pool & Fountain in Bradford
Temple Newsam boasts three lakes which make for a beautiful background for your next selfie. Kirkstall Abbey is a great place to take pictures near you.
Beautiful indoor photos can be taken inside the civic art gallery with exhibits being displayed from their art collection at Cartwright Hall.
Peel Park offers walking trails, gardens, a small lake, play areas, a BMX track, bowling alleys, and sports fields where cyclocross races, fairs, circuses, and fireworks displays are held annually.
Mirror Pool and Fountain features water performances with illuminated lights and lasers at night suitable for a lovely backdrop for selfies in Bradford.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
We don’t have a lot of camera shops to list because ones on our phones have become pretty good themselves and you can buy the latest and greatest at:
- Mr Mobile at 14 New Market St
- Adams Phones at 49 New Briggate
- Three at 25 Merrion Centre
- Headrow Phones at 13A The Headrow
- Cex at 28 The Headrow
- iSmash at #K16, 27, Albion St, Trinity Shopping Centre
- O2 Store at #Su29 The Broadway, Bradford
- Three at #26 Charles St Mall, Bradford
The highest megapixel camera phones with bluetooth, cheaper budget options, and everything in between can be purchased at any of the above.
Some of these places sell security cameras while others will provide the services that go along with them:
- Zone Cctv Leeds & Burglar Alarms at 1 Whitehall Quay
- First Eye Cctv & Security Systems
- Cctv Direct at 3 Scala Ct
- Cctv Installer Leeds & Burglar Alarm at Sandway Centre
- Meridian Security at 67 New Rd Side
- Outlook Cctv at Pigeon Cote Rd
- Home Cctv at Titan House, Station Rd
- ESS Security at Fusion Ct, Garforth
- Bradford CCTV at #1 26 Wrose Grove, Bradford
- Golden Crown CCTV at Landmark House, Broadway, Bradford
- 360 Secure Systems at Folkestone St, Bradford
- ACS Security at 470 Thornton Rd, Bradford
To get security cameras near you contact one of the above. Some of you might also want to check out our posts on how to:
- Hire A Photographer in Sheffield
- Hire A Photographer in Manchester
- Hire A Photographer in Liverpool
- Hire A Photographer in Newcastle upon Tyne
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
Hopefully you learned a little something about cameras and photos in your area today. We covered all kinds of topics like where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security.
Anyone that is still reading probably has a good grasp on the local scene. If so don’t be shy, tell us what we got wrong or share your own tips in the comments.
We hope you have fun buying cameras and taking photos in Leeds and Bradford.