Anyone that is hoping to learn about where you can buy cameras and take photos in Atlanta has come to the right place. Those topics are just the beginning as we have plenty of other related things to get into as the post moves forward.
There probably isn’t a better way for us to begin than with the best local photographers for those who need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or who just want to capture memories at any special event. Then you can read about photo printing shops where you should be able to develop and print passport photos, brochures, marketing materials or anything and we will discuss photography studios in your area too.
Some reading this might be interested in taking photography classes or maybe you just want to know about places to buy cameras and some repair shops which should sell all the new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, or other equipment and accessories you might desire.
Places to take beautiful selfies near you will get a shout out before other loosely related subjects like camera phones and security cameras. We will do our best put the right shops in the right lists but since many of these topics are quite correlated some crossover between the lists should be expected.
Be sure to check out the map at the end which can help you figure out where all the Atlanta camera and photo places we list are located. To read more posts on cities around the Southeast check out this link.
You can find an Atlanta photographer for a wedding, graduation, or other special event by contacting:
- Joey Wallace Photography
- Corey Reese Photography
- Matthew Druin + Co. Photography
- Atlanta Artistic Wedding Photographers
- Moreland Photography
- James Hill Photography
- Danielle Brown Photography
Topnotch local photography and videography services for couples are available at Joey Wallace. Corey Reese has been providing professional photography and cinematography for over a decade.
Matthew Druin specializes in portraiture and documentary storytelling as well as creating exquisite albums, fine art, and wall prints.
Atlanta Artistic Wedding Photographers has been capturing and shooting elopements, celebrations, receptions, and engagements for over 20 years.
Timeless maternity, high school seniors, commercial shoots, and family portraits near you have been available at Moreland Photography for almost four decades.
James Hill Photography has been in business for over a decade and offers maternity, newborn, children, family, and high school senior portraits.
Danielle Brown Photography has been providing full coverage for weddings and events, commercial shoots, senior pictures, headshots, and family portraits since 2007.
To print the selfies off your phone or get any kind of a photo printed, developed, or processed visit:
- Professional Photo Resources at 667 11th St NW
- Digital Arts at 1082 Huff Rd NW B
- Doc-Qmax at 689 11th St NW
- Alpha Graphics at 3424 Peachtree Rd NE #C-130
- Minuteman Press at 6780 Roswell Rd Bldg C, #110, Sandy Springs
- A A A Digital Imaging at 626 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Roswell
- Decatur Atlanta Printing at 205 Swanton Way, Decatur
- PG Print at 1007 Industrial Park Dr #200, Marietta
Each of the above is a good choice for photo printing in your area. They should be able to provide color or black and white pictures and they can probably put them on just about anything you want.
Whether you need developing and printing for passport photos, brochures, pamphlets, books, wall graphics, posters, digital prints, real estate advertisements, other marketing materials, or just about anything they can probably handle it. They should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
If you have any specific photo printing needs we suggest you look through those links and find a place that offers exactly what you want.
Studios For Better Pictures
If you really want to take the perfect picture consider having the shoot at a photography studio near you:
- Treehouse Studios at 642 N Ave NW
- Chil Studios at 680 Murphy Ave SW #400
- Cam Kirk Studios at 236 Forsyth St SW #405
- Bright Screen Studio at 554 North Ave NW #E
- Love Studio Photography at 3355 Lenox Rd NE #750
- Advanced Photo & Imaging at 6025 Sandy Springs Cir, Sandy Springs
- Headshot Studio at 400 Mount Vernon Hwy NE, Sandy Springs
- Haigwood Studios Photography at 565 S Atlanta St, Roswell
- The Hunter Studios at 524 W Atlanta St SE, Marietta
A commercial photo studio, production, and event space rentals are available at Treehouse. Chil Studios provides creative areas for all types of photo and film productions near you.
Cam Kirk Studios features fully equipped rental spaces with a lighting package, backdrop varieties, a changing area, a restroom, and wireless network connectivity.
Rental facilities with wide cyclorama walls, green screens, and drive in doors for films, music videos, head interviews, and more are offered at Bright Screen Studio.
Love Studio Photography has been in the local imaging, filming, and printing business for almost two decades.
Advanced Photo and Imaging has specialized in headshots, portraits, graphic designs, restoration, custom lab, and digital services since 1980.
Headshot Studio provides onsite and candid photoshoots in your area with instant viewing and guided image selections.
Haigwood Studios offers a variety of photo services including business, healthcare, fashion, architecture, marketing, and more.
The Hunter Studios gives monthly workshops, headshots, intimate portraiture, and maternity sessions with almost 20 years of experience.
Atlanta School of Photography at 1135 Sheridan Road NE is a good place to take photography lessons near you and we bet that plenty of the studios and photographers we have mentioned throughout the post would be happy to give them as well.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Atlanta
A decade ago this list would have been a lot longer but you can still buy cameras in Atlanta or possibly rent them and get them repaired at:
- Professional Photo Resources at 667 11th St NW
- Camera Service at 2323 Cumberland Pkwy SE #102
- Wing’s Camera & Digital at 3100 Briarcliff Rd NE #2694
- Keh Camera at 5080 Highlands Pkwy SE #B
- Peachtree Camera Repair at 562 Wylie Rd SE #4, Marietta
- Aperturent at Northside Tower, 6065 Roswell Rd NE #350, Sandy Springs
Cameras, lenses, lights, grips, tripods, backpacks, and accessories as well as rentals and printing services are all available at Professional Photo Resources.
Camera Service repairs both vintage and modern photography equipment and accessories in your area. Wings Camera and Digital stocks an extensive inventory of photographic equipment, supplies, and accessories.
Keh Camera buys, sells, and trades camera equipment, lenses, and accessories. Peachtree Camera Repair offers rush services on equipment and free appraisals.
High quality camera equipment, lenses, lights, and accessories from numerous brands such as Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Panasonic, and more are provided at Aperturent.
Best Places For Selfies
Some of the best local places to take selfies would be:
- Piedmont Park at 1320 Monroe Dr NE
- Krog Street Tunnel at 1 Krog St NE
- Historic Fourth Ward Park at 680 Dallas St NE
- Atlanta Botanical Garden at 1345 Piedmont Ave NE
- Piedmont Park at 1320 Monroe Dr NE
- Georgia Aquarium at 225 Baker St NW
- Morgan Falls Overlook Park at 400 Morgan Falls Rd, Sandy Springs
- Big Trees Forest Preserve at 7645 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs
- Vickery Creek Trail at 95 Mill St, Roswell
- DeKalb History Center at 101 E Court Square, Decatur
- Glover Park at 50 N Park Sq NE, Marietta
- Ocee Park at 10900 Buice Rd, Johns Creek
- Murphey Candler Park at 1551 W Nancy Creek Dr NE, Brookhaven
Piedmont Park is a good place for outdoor photos in your area with its covered picnic areas, tennis facilities, a dock and visitor center, and two playgrounds.
Lovely graffiti, art canvases, and message boards make for great backdrops for some of the best selfies in Atlanta at the Krog Street Tunnel.
Historic Fourth Ward Park features landscaped walkways, bridges, observation points, grassy fields, a shaded playground, and a splashpad ideal for local photography and videography.
Atlanta Botanical Garden is a 30 acre destination that hosts concerts and cocktail parties and includes a conservatory as well as fountains. Horticulturally minded, nature inspired, and fun seeking families come to visit the garden each year.
Covered picnic areas, tennis facilities, the Lake Clara Meer dock and visitor’s center, and two playgrounds can be found at Piedmont Park which is an urban park that also serves as the city’s athletic center.
Georgia Aquarium features seven major galleries that house hundreds of species and thousands of animals including whale sharks, beluga whales, California sea lions, bottlenose dolphins, manta rays, sea otters, tiger sharks, and plenty more.
Big Trees Forest Preserve is a smoke free and dog friendly zone that has plenty of free parking for visitors that is open from sunrise to sunset seven days a week.
There are hiking trails, historic mill, covered bridge, and a man made waterfall at Vickery Creek Trail which is open daily from sunrise to sunset including holidays with free admission and parking.
The DeKalb History Center is a historical landmark in Decatur that is ideal for wedding ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties, fundraisers, bar or bat mitzvahs, reunions, meetings, and other events.
Walking trails, baseball and softball fields, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, and picnic pavilions are just a few of the athletic and recreational opportunities available at Ocee Park which is a wonderful place to take pictures near you.
Murphey Candler Park is a 135 acre multi use park that includes a swimming pool, playground, and a lake as well as fields, tennis courts, picnic areas, and trails.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
These days the cameras on the newest phones should have very high megapixels and if you want to buy a new one head to:
- T-Mobile at 1925 Peachtree Rd
- Cellutronix at 1919 Metropolitan Pkwy SW A1
- Touchtel Wireless at 2841 Greenbriar Pkwy SW
- Metro by T-Mobile at 8725 Roswell Rd #D, Sandy Springs
- Cellairis at 210 Cobb Pkwy SE, Marietta
You can either buy security cameras in your area or have your home or business looked over by contacting:
- The Camera Guys at 493 Flat Shoals Ave SE A
- ADT Security Services at 74 Southwoods Pkwy
- Edge CCTV at 2470 Windy Hill Rd SE #300
- Unlockit Locksmith & Security at 1180 Grimes Bridge Rd #200, Roswell
- Vivint Smart Home Security Systems at 250 E Ponce de Leon Ave, Decatur
- CPI Security Systems at 1395 S Marietta Pkwy SE Computer Lab III, Marietta
You can also read more of our posts on:
- Everything About Pictures in Charlotte
- Everything About Pictures in Nashville
- Everything About Pictures in Memphis
- Everything About Pictures in Miami
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope that we did a decent job of covering the camera and photo scene near you. Whether you were hoping to learn about where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, developing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security you read about it all.
If you read all the way to the end you might just know a little something about this local scene yourself. If that is the case please use the comments to tell us if we got anything wrong or to share your own tips.
Either way we hope you enjoy buying cameras and taking photos in Atlanta.