Today we will all be going on a deep dive into where you can buy cameras and take photos in Milwaukee. Additionally we will try to cover as much as possible on a wide range of related subtopics.
There probably isn’t a better way for us to kick this off than to list the best local photographers for when you need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or want to capture memories at any special events. Once they have been discussed in detail we will move on to photo printing whether you want to print something off your phone, get a passport photo, need digital marketing materials, or whatever type of printing you might need will be discussed before we pivot to photography studios.
Taking lessons at the best photography classes in your area is a great way to “develop your skills,’ sorry but that corny joke just wrote itself. Even if there aren’t many left these days the best places to buy cameras and repair shops near you will also be discussed. Don’t be surprised if these stores also sell new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, and more equipment and accessories.
A list of places to take beautiful pictures and selfies will definitely get a shout out plus there will be some quick lists for where to buy some loosely related items like camera phones or security cameras. Many of the places we mention could theoretically go in a few of our lists but we will do our best to put the right shops in the right place and let you know when a place can handle multiple needs.
Expect to find a map for the area towards the end of the post to help you figure out where all the Milwaukee camera and photo places we list can be found. And you are all welcome to look through more of our posts on the region at that link if interested.
Commemorate a wedding, graduation, or other special event by hiring a great photographer near you to capture the scene:
- Katie Fromstein Photography
- Laurelyn Savannah Photography
- Ari Rosenthal Photography
- Brad Ryan Photography
- Catherine Winkelman Photography
- Heather Cook Elliott Photography
- RJ Harris Photography
- Joe Hang Photography
- Chelsea Matson Photography
Katie Fromstein specializes in newborn, infant, maternity, children, and family photography in your area. Laurelyn Savannah, Ari Rosenthal, Catherine Winkelman, and RJ Harris take quality photos and films for weddings and engagements.
Animal photography is provided by Heather Cook Elliott. Joe Hang specializes in nature and wildlife portraiture. Branding, community, and travel photography are offered by Chelsea Matson.
To get a passport photo printed near you or to just print the selfies off your camera or phone visit:
- B & L Photo Lab at 3486 N Oakland Ave
- Tom Fritz Studios at 2930 W Clybourn St
All of those options for photo printing in your area are good ones. Color or black-and-white images should be developed, and they should be able to put them on just about whatever you desire.
Anything from brochures and pamphlets to passport photos to books and posters can be developed and printed by these companies who should also be able to handle wall graphics, digital prints, real estate advertisements, and other marketing materials. Most should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
Studios For Rent
You can try to rent photography studio space in your area at:
- Northern Lights Photo Studio at 106 W Seeboth St
- Front Room Studios at 2637 S Kinnickinnic Ave
- Carroll Studios of Photography at 6654 W Lisbon Ave
- The Refinery Photo Studio at 229 E Wisconsin Ave #904
- Fairview Photography Studio at 6706 W Fairview Ave
- Studio 29 Photography + Design at 2018 S 1st St
Northern Lights Photo Studio offers a 1,200 square foot suite that includes a kitchen, a lounge area, a makeup and dressing room, and a private bathroom.
Get better by taking classes at a photography school in your area or private lessons by contacting:
- Christine Plamann Photography at 131 W Seeboth St
- Milwaukee Photography Group
Christine Plamann Photography offers hands on classes and teaches you the basics of exposure as well as the appropriate settings and features to be used. Brush up on your camera skills and learn new techniques with other local photographers at Milwaukee Photography Group.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Milwaukee
Before smartphones this list would have been a lot longer but you can still buy cameras in Milwaukee or get them repaired at:
- Art’s Cameras Plus at 4981 S 76th St
- Retrospekt at 811 E Vienna Ave #100
- Mike Crivello’s Camera & Imaging Center at 18110 W Bluemound Rd
Art’s offers almost all types of cameras including instant, interchangeable lenses, and point and shoot and they can also do lens cleaning. Retrospekt sells and repairs cameras near you along with photographic accessories, bags, and cases. Mike Crivello’s buys, sells, and trades DSLR’s, SLR’s, and lenses from major camera brands such as Canon, Nikon, Pentax, and Olympus among others.
Best Places For Selfies
Some of the best places to take selfies around the region would be:
- Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory at 524 S Layton Blvd
- Milwaukee’s Black Cat Alley at E Ivanhoe Pl
- Atwater Park at 4000 N Lake Dr
- Lynden Sculpture Garden at 2145 W Brown Deer Rd
Black Cat Alley is an outdoor art gallery that is a great place for local photo and video shoots. Atwater Park is another wonderful location to take outdoor selfies in Milwaukee. Lynden Sculpture Garden features a little farmhouse, a barn, a lake, and a wooden bridge that make it excellent for photographs.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
These days the cameras on the newest phones can be great and if you want to buy a new one these stores are some solid options:
- AT&T Store at 5075 S 76th St
- Cell World at 4919 W Capitol Dr
- T-Mobile at 7335 Good Hope Rd #500
- US Cellular at 4138 N 56th St
- Boost Mobile Store at 9110 W Brown Deer Rd
Whether you are searching for the highest megapixel camera phones with bluetooth or just need budget quality pictures the above stores will have what you need.
You can either buy security cameras or have your home or business looked over after contacting:
- MKE Security Cameras at 411 E Wisconsin Ave #124
- Imperial Surveillance at 544 E Ogden Ave #700-125
- Home Security & Automation at S 76th St
- Midwest Security & Fire at 9431 Beloit Rd
- Milwaukee Alarm Company at 2241 S 116th St
If you want to add security cameras to your property contact one of the above. We have also written about the:
- Best Photographers in Madison
- Best Photographers in Chicago
- Best Photographers in Minneapolis & St Paul
- Best Photographers in Grand Rapids
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope that we did a decent job of covering the camera and photo scene near you. Whether you were hoping to learn about where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security you read about it all.
Anyone that made it all the way to the end you might just know a little something about this local scene yourself. If that is the case please use the comments to tell us if we got anything wrong or to share your own tips.
Either way we hope you enjoy buying cameras and taking photos in Milwaukee.