All of you that are trying to learn about where to buy cameras and take photos in Toronto have come to the right place. Those topics are just the beginning as we have plenty of other related things to get into as the post moves forward.
There probably isn’t a better way for us to begin than with the best local photographers for those who need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or who just want to capture memories at any special event. Then you can read about photo printing shops where you should be able to develop and print passport photos, brochures, marketing materials or anything and we will discuss photography studios in your area too.
Some reading this might be interested in taking photography classes or maybe you just want to know about places to buy cameras and some repair shops in Toronto which should sell all the new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, or other equipment and accessories you might desire.
Places to take beautiful selfies near you will get a shout out before other loosely related subjects like camera phones and security cameras. We will do our best put the right shops in the right lists but since many of these topics are quite correlated some crossover between the lists should be expected.
Be sure to check out the map at the end which can help you figure out where all the places we list are located. By the way, all of our blogs about cameras and pictures in Canada are available at that link if you want to give them a look.
You can find a photographer in Toronto for a wedding, graduation, or other special event by contacting:
- Mango Studios
- Purple Tree Photography
- Wedding Photography by Calin
- Luminous Weddings
- Rosetta Li Weddings
- Moby Shaikh Photography
- Raph Nogal Photography
- AGI Studio
- Kanwal Photography
Mango Studios has been specializing in local wedding photography for more than a decade and has been featured in Wedding Chicks, Wedding Bells, Junebug, Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Hello, Once Wed, and more.
Purple Tree has been a great option for wedding photography near you for close to 10 years with projects recognized by Wedding Chicks, EventSource, Green Wedding Shoes, Wedding Obsession, Style Me Pretty, and more.
Calin, Luminous, and Rosetta Li all offer high quality wedding photography with work that has been highlighted on numerous sites.
Moby Shaikh has been specializing in weddings, maternity, newborns, corporate headshots, and family portraits for nearly 10 years.
Raph Nogal Photography has been in business since 2009 and offers headshots, family portraits, and wedding sessions with work that has appeared on The Knot, The Wedding Co, OffBeat Bride, Wedding Wire, EventSource, and LGBTQ+ Friendly.
Wedding photography and cinematography are available at AGI Studio which has over a decade of experience.
Kanwal Photography has been recognized as being one of the top Toronto wedding photographers over the past few years.
To print the selfies off your phone or get any kind of a photo printed, developed, or processed visit:
- Toronto Image Works at 80 Spadina Ave
- 60 Minute Photo Lab at 2300 Yonge St
- Mr Photo Canvas at 20 Stewart St
- Photo 123 at 2 Homewood Ave
- Fine Art Print Studio at 910 Queen St W
- West Camera at 690 Queen St W
- Northern Artists Pro Lab at 44 St Clair Ave E
- Print2Go at 28 Dundas St E, Mississauga
- Erin Mills Photo at 5100 Erin Mills Pkwy, Mississauga
- Posterjack 77 Brown’s Line #D, Etobicoke
- Fotobox at 936 The Queensway, Etobicoke
- TPH at 9005 Leslie St #108, Richmond Hill
- Advanced Printing at 10330 Yonge St #1, Richmond Hill
- Photo Visions Custom Digital Lab at 3425 Dundas St W, York
- Pikto at 382 Canarctic Dr, North York
- GPrint & Signs at 96 Kennedy Rd S, Brampton
- Indigo Print & Design at 320 Main St #7A, Brampton
Each of the above is a good choice for photo printing in your area. They should be able to provide color or black and white pictures and they can probably put them on just about anything you want.
Whether you need developing and printing for passport photos, brochures, pamphlets, books, wall graphics, posters, digital prints, real estate advertisements, other marketing materials, or just about anything they can probably handle it. They should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
If you have any specific photo printing needs we suggest you look through those links and find a place that offers exactly what you want.
Studios For Better Pictures
If you really want to take the perfect picture consider having the shoot at a photography studio near you:
- That Toronto Studio at 260 Carlaw Ave #202A
- Mint Room Studios at 300 Campbell Ave # 300
- Vintage Light Studios at 9 Davies Ave Studio 303
- Studio 207 at 65 Jefferson Ave #207
- Diptych Studio at 122 John St
- Wade Studio at 87 Wade Ave
- Ivori Studios at 1855 Dundas St E #9, Mississauga The
- Production Studio at 2532 Wharton Glen Ave #3, Mississauga
- Revprint Studio 205 at 146 Thirtieth St #205, Etobicoke
- Satori Studio at 3545 Lake Shore Blvd W #302, Etobicoke
- The Glasshouse Studios at 90 Performance Dr #202, Richmond Hill
- Vision Room Studios at 12 Automatic Rd #3, Brampton
That Toronto Studio provides around 1,300 square feet, pecan wooden flooring, three massive windows facing South, sheer diffusing curtains, and blackout drapes which are all available for hourly or daily rental.
A changing space, two makeup stations, and nine distinct parts including a ballroom, conservatory, library, lounge, salon, sanctuary, kitchen, white loft, and nest within a 7,000 square foot area are all available at Mint Room Studios.
Vintage Light Studios rents out a massive 1,800 square foot area with high ceilings and access to all five textured backgrounds ideal for photography, videography, and meetings.
Studio 207 offers a 1,000 square foot creative space with five windows facing South, a makeup station, a wardrobe room, WiFi, a sound system, an outdoor patio, a kitchen, lighting stands, diffusion fabrics, V flats, apple boxes, and more.
A two story creative production space fully equipped for photography, motion, seminars, castings, fittings, costumes, and special events is available at Diptych Studio.
Wade Studio showcases a 1,200 square foot open space with numerous colored backdrops, curated furnishings, and high quality lighting.
Ivori Studios has a lay out with large windows allowing natural lighting, aesthetically designed walls, professional crown molding, two fireplaces, an all blacked out session, quality furniture props, and more suitable for professional local photography and videography.
The Production Studio includes a raised shooting platform, a Hollywood mirror, a makeup station, portable speakers, a change tent, a clothing rack, four C stands, sand bags, and extension cords.
Creative spaces with high ceilings, professional backdrops, full length mirrors, a washroom, a changeroom area, a speaker, and more necessary equipment are available at Satori Studio.
High ceilings, south facing windows, free parking, elevator access, and a 1,200 square foot event space are provided at The Glasshouse Studios.
Vision Room Studios lends five studios totaling 3,000 square foot with ample window lighting, makeup stations, and many more needed items.
Here is a list of photography schools and people who give private lessons on how to take beautiful pictures in your area:
- The Photo School at 7 Fraser Ave #10
- School of Photography at 437 Glen Park Ave #408, North York
- Exposure Therapy in East York
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Toronto
A decade ago this list would have been a lot longer but you can still buy cameras in Toronto or possibly rent them and get them repaired at:
- Downtown Camera at 89 Queen St E
- Henry’s at 119 Church St
- Vistek at 496 Queen St E
- Aden Camera at 382 Yonge St #2
Some of the most up to date photographic equipment, lenses, and accessories from popular major brands such as Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, Fujifilm, and more are provided at Downtown Camera.
Henry’s offers over 15,000 item varieties including Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Olympus, Sony, Panasonic, and Epson.
Vistek sells a wide range of photography equipment and video cameras in your area along with computers and commercial printers while also offering professional lab services, repairs, trades, and quality rentals on gear.
Numerous assortments of photo items, accessories, and development services are available to buy or rent at Aden Camera.
Best Places For Selfies
Some of the best local places to take selfies would be:
- Nathan Phillips Square
- Edwards Gardens
- High Park
- Humber Bay Park East
- Casa Loma
- Adamson Estate
- Kariya Park
- James Gardens
- Mill Pond Park
- Heart Lake Conservation Park
A good place to take selfies near you with art exhibits, concerts, rallies, and many other events is at Nathan Phillips Square.
Edwards Gardens showcases manicured lawns and flower beds with several annuals, roses, and wildflowers ideal for weddings and special events.
High Park features recreational facilities, the Colborne Lodge historical museum, hillside gardens, a café, and an amphitheater suitable for film and photoshoots in your area.
Picnic tables, trails, and a beachfront excellent for a fine natural backdrop are among the amenities available at Humber Bay Park.
Casa Loma is known for being one of the most popular filming locations for movies and television shows because of its unique architectural structure.
Adamson Estate has a picturesque old mansion that makes a lovely backdrop for pictures in Mississauga.
Beautiful outdoor photoshoots can be taken at Kariya Park with its Japanese gardens, a pavilion, cherry trees, rhododendrons, and sculptures.
James Gardens encompasses expansive lawns, numerous flower beds, specimen plants, rocks, nature trails, several ponds, and a carp pool plus it is known to be a great place to hosts weddings and receptions.
Numerous outdoor photo opportunities in Richmond Hill with a playground, boardwalk, trail, gazebo, and many other areas are available at Mill Pond.
Heart Lake Conservation Park offers four fitness stations where visitors can also enjoy outdoor activities and take pictures of the surrounding beauty of nature.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
These days the cameras on the newest phones should have very high megapixels and if you want to buy a new one head to:
- Cell Xperts at 3227 Eglinton Ave E #127
- Wireless Wave at 218 Yonge St #H-018
- SellTeck at 707 Dundas St W
- MobiZone at 533A Parliament St
- Tbooth Wireless at Eaton Centre, 218 Yonge St #H020
- The Mobile Shop at 10 Lower Jarvis St
- Best Buy Mobile at 100 City Centre Dr #1-839, Mississauga
- Cellucom Electronics at 5200 Dixie Rd #52, Mississauga
- Samsung Experience Store at 25 The West Mall #3020, Etobicoke
- CPR at 1557 The Queensway #110, Etobicoke
- Future Gadgets at 10909 Yonge St Unit 53, Richmond Hill
- Home Electronics at 499 Main St S #96, Brampton
- The Source at 6338 Yonge St #32, North York
You can either buy security cameras or have your home or business looked over by contacting:
- Protection Plus at 1540 Lodestar Rd #11
- Canada Cameras at 121 Chelmsford Ave
- Byte Network Security at 5800 Ambler Dr, Mississauga
- United Security Systems at 2680 Matheson Blvd E #102, Mississauga
- Sp Networks at 5 Lightwood Dr, Etobicoke
- Eagan Security Professionals at 3-1750 The Queensway, Etobicoke
- WysLink at 60 Granton Dr #8, Richmond Hill
- K S Security Solutions at 11005 Yonge St, Richmond Hill
- Spadina Security Inc at 501 Alliance Ave Suite 401, York
- Alarvac Systems Inc at 3868 Chesswood Dr, North York
- Camsonics at 1300 Steeles Ave #221, Brampton
- ACN Technology at 601-4 Kings Cross Rd, Brampton V & J
- Access Control & CCTV at 160 Main St S, Brampton
You can also read more of our posts on:
- Photography Studios in Ottawa & Gatineau
- Photography Studios in Montreal
- Photography Studios in Quebec City
- Photography Studios in Winnipeg
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope that we did a decent job of covering the camera and photo scene near you. Whether you were hoping to learn about where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, developing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security you read about it all.
If you read all the way to the end you might just know a little something about this local scene yourself. If that is the case please use the comments to tell us if we got anything wrong or to share your own tips.
Either way we hope you enjoy buying cameras and taking photos in Toronto.