You should be learning at least a little something about where to buy cameras and take photos in Austin over the next few minutes. You will also read about everything we could think to include on the topic at hand.
We will start this off by listing some of the best local photographers for when you need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or want to capture memories at any special events. After that where to go for photo printing whether you want to print something off your phone, get a passport photo, need digital marketing materials, or whatever will be discussed, and they will be followed up by photography studios.
You can always try to “develop your skills” by taking lessons at the best photography classes in your area, sorry, we really tried to hold that corny joke back but couldn’t. Even if there aren’t many left these days the best places to buy cameras and repair shops near you will also be discussed. You can expect them to also sell new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, and more equipment and accessories.
After all of that is out of the way it will finally be time to get you out of here with a list of places to take beautiful pictures, plus where you can buy some loosely related items like camera phones or security cameras. Some of the places we mention could definitely be in multiple lists but we will do our best to put the right shops in the right lists and let you know when a place can handle multiple needs.
You can also expect to find a local map at the end of the post to help you figure out where all the Austin camera and photo places we list are located. The Midwest region of the world is one that we have written many other guides for in the past for those that are interested.
There is no better way to commemorate a wedding, graduation, or other special event then to have a great photographer near you capture the scene:
- Nikk Nguyen Photo
- John Winters Photography
- Sarah Tribett Photographers
- Jenny De Marco Photography
- Cory Ryan Photography
- Felicia Reed Photography
- Dazzling Light Photography
Nikk Nguyen Photo is a wedding photographer near you who uses a photojournalistic approach to capture non-traditional couples. They also have an associate program in which they have assembled a strong team who would love to capture your special day.
John Winters specializes in local wedding and portrait photography as well as videography. Sarah Tribett Photographers strives to capture organic, creative, and timeless images that will evoke emotions in the viewer for years to come.
Jenny DeMarco Photography provides stylish wedding pictures for couples and their families who want to enjoy their beautiful fun-filled event while knowing that every emotion and moment is captured in authentic and heartfelt photos. Jenny DeMarco Photography is open from 9am to 6pm every Tuesday through Friday.
Cory Ryan caters to modern couples seeking vibrant, one-of-a-kind, creative, and modern wedding photography while being open from 8:30am to 7:30pm every day except on Sunday. Felicia Reed Photography is a portrait studio that takes things to the next level by handling everything from wardrobe and hair to makeup and other styling.
Dazzling Light Photography is a full-service newborn boutique photographer who captures a child in a timeless way that will be passed down for generations.
To get any kinds of photos printed, processed, or developed head to:
- Lago Vista Film Lab at 2021 Guadalupe St # 260
- Holland Photo Imaging at 2125 Goodrich Ave #a
- Triaz Digital Printing at 2433 Rutland Dr #130
- Agave Print at 1312 E Cesar Chavez St
- Creation Station Printing at 8711 Burnet Rd # B33
- P&B Print at 525 Round Rock W Dr building b #275, Round Rock
- Photo Printing at 500 Brushy Creek Rd #302, Cedar Park
- Roberts Printing at 207 E 8th St, Georgetown
All of those options for photo printing in Austin are good ones. Color or black-and-white images should be developed, and they should be able to put them on just about whatever you desire.
Anything from brochures and pamphlets to passport photos to books and posters can be developed and printed by these companies who should also be able to handle wall graphics, digital prints, real estate advertisements, and other marketing materials. Most should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
Studios For Better Pictures
Book some time at a photography studio in your area if you have serious matters to attend to:
- Waveform Austin at 8204 N Lamar Blvd #a-1
- Photogroup Studios at 321 W Ben White Blvd #106a
- ATX Photo and Video Studio at 10012 Old Lockhart Rd
- Stine Studios at 1201 Tiger Trail, Round Rock
- Prestige Portraits at 1320 Arrow Point Dr #304, Cedar Park
- Old Time Photography Studio at 100 Olde Oak Dr, Georgetown
Waveform Austin is a creative space that includes soundproof band rehearsal studios, a photography studio, and a drummer’s practice room. They also provide professional photography services for those who would like those services.
Photogroup Studios Austin is ideal for photographers, video producers, agencies, and businesses that require regular access to a professional studio. ATX Photo and Video Studio is a low-cost, affordable studio space for rent that is used by creatives, artists, small businesses, and agencies plus you will find an ever-changing inventory of props, backdrops, lights, and other equipment.
Stine Studios is a local photography studio that specializes in family portraits, children’s portraits, engagement sessions, weddings, and senior portraits. Prestige Portraits creates stunning, long-lasting senior and provides a variety of sessions and packages to ensure that each senior year is remembered fondly.
Old Time is a portrait studio that offers customers a taste of the old west. They are an appointment-only studio so please call ahead of time and they are open from 9am to 5pm every day except on Sunday.
Get better by taking classes at a Austin photography school or find an instructor who gives private lessons by contacting:
- Austin School of Photography at 500 San Marcos St
- KG Photo Workshops at 11740 Jollyville Rd #400
Austin School of Photography offers comprehensive, hands-on photography classes in your area for students of all skill levels, from beginners and hobbyists to aspiring artists and working professionals.
KG Photo Workshops teaches photographers the art and science of taking perfect pictures allowing them to hone their skills and recognize the value of the unique perspective they bring to the world through their eyes.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Austin
Visit one of these stores when you want to buy a new camera, rent one, or get repair work done:
- Precision Camera and Video at 2438 W Anderson Ln
- Austin Camera & Imaging at 5350 Burnet Rd #8
- Eurotech Camera Service at 1823 Fortview Rd #103
- Texas Media Systems at 4311 Medical Pkwy
Precision Camera and Video is one of the best camera stores near you that sells and repairs a wide range of photography and videography equipment. They are usually open from 10am to 7pm but they close at 6pm on Saturday and on Sunday they are open from 12pm to 5pm.
Austin Camera & Imaging sells new and vintage cameras, photographic equipment, and even has local photography classes as well as an on-site photo lab. They are open from 10am to 6pm every day but open at 12pm on Sunday.
Eurotech Camera Service was founded in May 1994 and has many years of experience repairing and working with a wide range of camera brands. Eurotech Camera Service is open from 10am to 4pm every day except on Saturday and Sunday.
Texas Media Systems is a company that sells and installs audio, video, and streaming systems. They are authorized sellers of Canon Cinema EOS Products, Panasonic, Sony, Black Magic Design, Newtwek and more and you can visit them from 9am to 6pm every day except on Saturday and Sunday.
Best Places For Selfies
Here is a list of great places to take beautiful selfies in your area:
- Mueller Lake Park at 4550 Mueller Blvd
- Mayfield Park & Nature Preserve at 3505 W 35th St
- Texas Capitol at 1100 Congress Ave
- Zilker Botanical Garden at 2220 Barton Springs Rd
Mueller Lake Park is anchored by a large lake and includes an amphitheater, a loop trail, and a picnic area. Mayfield Park and Nature Preserve is another great place to take outdoor pictures near you that consists of a historic cottage, gardens, and a nature preserve. that are open from 5am to 10pm every day.
The Texas Capitol is widely regarded as one of the country’s most distinguished state capitols and it was added to the national register of historic places in 1970 and designated a national historic landmark in 1986.
The Zilker Botanical Garden has stunning rose, herb and Japanese gardens that are linked by streams, waterfalls, and Koi-filled ponds. It is another of the best places to take selfies in Austin and you can visit from 9am to 6pm every day.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
The newest cell phones have some really nice high megapixel cameras these days and these stores should have what you need:
- The Austin Cell Phone at 7801 N Lamar Blvd #b166
- Mobile Phone Geeks at 700 N Lamar Blvd #150
- T-Mobile at 500 E Ben White Blvd #300
- Verizon Authorized Retailer at 1719, I-35, Round Rock
- Verizon Wireless at 1700 E Palm Valley Blvd #550, Round Rock
- AT&T Store at 1335 E Whitestone Blvd #J-100, Cedar Park
- Cricket Wireless at 510 N Bell Blvd #101, Cedar Park
You can either buy security cameras or get the services that go along with them at:
- Dyezz Surveillance & Security at 2113 Wells Branch Pkwy #6700
- Super Circuits15505 Long Vista Dr #250
- Security Cameras & Video Surveillance at 2008 W Koenig Ln
- All Star Security at 305 W 45th St
- Smith Thompson Home Security & Alarm at 7000 N Mopac Expy #200
- Alert 360 Home Security at 11500 Metric Blvd #215
Some of you might also want to check out our posts on:
- Wedding Photographers & Videographers in Dallas & Ft Worth
- Wedding Photographers & Videographers in Houston
- Wedding Photographers & Videographers in San Antonio
- Wedding Photographers & Videographers in El Paso
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope you learned a little something about cameras and photos in your area today. You read about all kinds of topics like where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, developing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security.
Anyone that is still here probably has a solid grasp on the local photography scene themself. If so don’t be shy, tell us what we got wrong or share your own tips in the comments.
We hope you have fun buying cameras and taking photos in Austin.