Over the next few minutes you will hopefully learn at least a little something about where to buy cameras and take photos in San Antonio. You will also read about everything we could think to include on the topic at hand.
We will start this off by listing some of the best local photographers for when you need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or want to capture memories at any special events. After that where to go for photo printing whether you want to print something off your phone, get a passport photo, need digital marketing materials, or whatever will be discussed, and they will be followed up by photography studios.
You can always try to “develop your skills” by taking lessons at the best photography classes in your area, sorry, we really tried to hold that corny joke back but couldn’t. Even if there aren’t many left these days the best places to buy cameras and repair shops near you will also be discussed. You can expect them to also sell new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, and more equipment and accessories.
After all of that is out of the way it will finally be time to get you out of here with a list of places to take beautiful pictures, plus where you can buy some loosely related items like camera phones or security cameras. Some of the places we mention could definitely be in multiple lists but we will do our best to put the right shops in the right lists and let you know when a place can handle multiple needs.
You can also expect to find a map at the end of the post to help you figure out where all the San Antonio camera and photo places we list are located. Midwest region is the one that we have written many other guides for in the past for those that are interested.
There is no better way to commemorate a wedding, graduation, or other special event then to have a great photographer near you capture the scene:
- Philip Thomas Photography
- Monica Roberts Photography
- Bend the Light Photography
- Jonathan Ivy Photography
- Bluefire Photography
- Eyeronic Love
- Sun Gold Photography
- Erin Valkner Photography
- Nancy Berger Photography
- Greg Mitchum Photography
- Jaclyn Specia Photography
Bluefire Photography caters to the couple, engagement, wedding party, ceremony, reception, details, family, baby and senior clients. Jonathan Ivy specializes in weddings, commercial work, and family portraiture in your area.
Eyeronic Love is a great option to take pictures for engagements, weddings, and bridals in an eye-catching way. Bend the Light specializes in wedding, portrait, and branding photography.
Sun Gold Photography can travel to select destinations for weddings and events as well as engagements and bridals. Monica Roberts Photography specializes in weddings, bridal, engagement, and boudoir photo shoots.
Nancy Berger is a local photographer that is a wonderful option for fine art shoots for families, maternity, newborn babies, and children. Newborn, maternity, cake smash, and maternity services are all some of things that Jaclyn Specia offers.
To print the selfies off your phone or get a photo printed visit:
- Digital Pro Lab at 10103 San Pedro Ave
- FinerWorks at 10930 Wye Dr #103
- Sundance Print Centers at 651 I-35BL #1130, New Braunfels
You should be able to get quality local photo printing from any on that list. Whether you need color or black and white images they can probably print them on just about anything.
Every day they are printing thousands of brochures, pamphlets, books, wall graphics, posters, passport photos, digital prints, real estate advertisements, and all kinds of marketing materials so they can probably help you too. They should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
If you have any unique photo printing or developing needs we recommend that you browse those links and find a place that offers exactly what you’re looking for.
Studios For Rent
You can try to rent photography studio space at:
- Dragonfly Design Photography
- Jersson Luna Photography Studio at 9910 San Pedro Ave
Dragonfly Design Photography is a newborn, maternity, baby, cake smash, and family studio.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In San Antonio
Mirrorless cameras, DSLR cameras, point-and-shoot cameras, instant & film cameras, and video cameras from Sony, Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Holga, Olympus, and Panasonic are available at Camera Exchange at 6635 San Pedro Ave. They also provide camera repair services in your area.
Best Places For Selfies
Some of the best places to take selfies around the region would be:
- The Riverwalk at 849 E Commerce St
- Hemisfair at 434 S Alamo St
- San Antonio Botanical Garden at 555 Funston Pl
- Japanese Tea Garden at 3853 N St Mary’s St
- La Villita Historic Arts Village at 418 Villita St
- Landa Park at 164 Landa Park Dr, New Braunfels
- Fischer Park at 1935 Hilltop Summit Rd, New Braunfels
We probably don’t need to even mention The Riverwalk, but just in case you are unaware you may want to check it out. The Tower of the Americas, the Institute of Texan Cultures, fountains, and a playground are all located in Hemisfair. This iconic park is the ideal setting for a birthday celebration, elegant banquet, business meeting, or community festival and is a wonderful place to take selfies in your area.
The San Antonio Parks Foundation restored the Japanese Tea Garden’s infrastructure including walkways, pipes, filtration, wall repairs, and pond sealing. A lush year-round garden and floral display with covered paths, stone bridges, a 60-foot waterfall, and ponds stocked with Koi can be found there making it a beautiful place to take pictures near you.
Under the shelter of large oak trees Landa Park provides a range of attractions which you can see by taking a walk on the park’s pathways or taking a ride around the 51-acre park on the miniature train.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
These days the cameras on the newest phones can be great and if you want to buy a new one head to:
- The Green Cell Phone Shop at 501 S Zarzamora St
- Discount Cell Phones at 5230 San Pedro Ave
- T-Mobile at 3910 McCullough Ave #5
- Phone Exchange at 6433 San Pedro Ave
- Mobile Phone Geeks at 651 TX-46 BUS #1325, New Braunfels
- Russell Cellular at 1683 TX-46 #220, New Braunfels
- Boost Mobile at 1280 IH 35 S #300, New Braunfels
- AT&T Store at 1104 -A, Thorpe Ln, San Marcos
- Wireless America at 900 Bugg Ln #113, San Marcos
The highest megapixel camera phones with bluetooth, cheaper budget options, and everything in between can be purchased at any of the above.
You can either buy security cameras or have your home or business looked over after contacting:
- Surveillance Solutions at 6391 De Zavala Rd #223a
- IP View Security Systems at 6834 Indian Lake Dr
- Monitoring Solutions at 6391 De Zavala Rd #223a
- Alert 360 Home Security at 9901 Broadway #111
- True Protection at 6391 De Zavala Rd Suite 112A
- Smith Thompson Home Security and Alarm at 18911 Hardy Oak Blvd #165
- Law Security at 12027 Huebner Rd
If you want to add security cameras to your property contact one of the above. Some of you might also want to check out our posts on:
- Where To Buy Cameras & Accessories in Austin
- Where To Buy Cameras & Accessories in Houston
- Where To Buy Cameras & Accessories in Dallas & Fort Worth
- Where To Buy Cameras & Accessories in El Paso
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope that we did a decent job of covering the camera and photo scene near you. Whether you were hoping to learn about where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security you read about it all.
If you read all the way to the end you might just know a little something about this local scene yourself. If that is the case please use the comments to tell us if we got anything wrong or to share your own tips.
Either way we hope you enjoy buying cameras and taking photos in San Antonio.