Today we will all be going on a deep dive into where you can buy cameras and take photos in Dublin. Additionally we will try to cover as much as possible on a wide range of related subtopics.
There probably isn’t a better way for us to kick this off than to list the best local photographers for when you need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or want to capture memories at any special events. Once they have been discussed in detail we will move on to photo printing whether you want to print something off your phone, get a passport photo, need digital marketing materials, or whatever type of printing you might need will be discussed before we pivot to photography studios.
Taking lessons at the best photography classes in your area is a great way to “develop your skills,’ sorry but that corny joke just wrote itself. Even if there aren’t many left these days the best places to buy cameras and repair shops near you will also be discussed. Don’t be surprised if these stores also sell new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, and more equipment and accessories.
A list of places to take beautiful pictures and selfies will definitely get a shout out plus there will be some quick lists for where to buy some loosely related items like camera phones or security cameras. Many of the places we mention could theoretically go in a few of our lists but we will do our best to put the right shops in the right place and let you know when a place can handle multiple needs.
Expect to find a map for the area towards the end of the post to help you figure out where all the Dublin camera and photo places we list can be found. And you are all welcome to look through more of our posts on the region at that link if interested.
Commemorate a wedding, graduation, or other special event by hiring a great photographer near you to capture the scene:
- DK Photo
- Frank Gavin Photography
- Emma May Photography
- Pawel Bebenca Photography
- Jenny McCarthy Photography
- Olga Hogan Photography
- Nicola Webster Photography
Daniel at DK Photo was named Weddings Online Photographer of the Year in Ireland and Weddings Online Overall Supplier of the Year in Ireland by Weddings Online. Jenny McCarthy has around fifteen years of experience as a professional photographer and has established herself as one of your areas most in-demand wedding and portrait photographers.
Frank Gavin is a multi-award-winning wedding and portrait business. With over 40 years of expertise and countless honors in both wedding photography and portraiture including Kodak and Fuji Photographer of the Year he is now a sought-after.
You can get all kinds of photos printed, even passport photos, at places like:
- Westside Press at #79, Cookstown Industrial Estate
- Photo Care Imaging at 31 Abbey Street Lower
- Grants Advanced PhotoLab at 33 Baggot Street Upper
- Pictorium Photoshop at Monkstown Farm Court
- Digital Printing at 27 Pembroke Street Upper
- Printwise Digital Print at Shanowen House
- Mc Gowans Digital Print at 3, IDA Industrial Park
- Select Digital Print at Kiltipper Rd
- Hacketts at 17 Baggot Street Lower
- Dublin Print at 19-20 Redmond’s Hill
All of those options for photo printing in your area are good ones. Color or black-and-white images should be developed, and they should be able to put them on just about whatever you desire.
Anything from brochures and pamphlets to passport photos to books and posters can be developed and printed by these companies who should also be able to handle wall graphics, digital prints, real estate advertisements, and other marketing materials. Most should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
If you’re looking for a certain service have a peek at those links to see if you can find the right option for your needs.
Studios For Rent
Anyone with a serious project coming up can rent photography studio space at:
- Mill Studios at 3rd Floor, The Mill
- Bond Street Studios at 9 Bond St
- 1 Portrait Photographic Studio at 51 Knocklyon Rd
- Temple Photography Studio at 8 Cecilia St
- 50hz Photography at 56/57 Gardiner Street Lower
- Rainblue Photography Studio at Willsbrook Rd
Bryan Brophy an award-winning and fully trained member of the Irish Professional Photographers Association launched 1 Portrait Studio specializing in portraits for babies, children, and families of all ages. Tianqing at Rainblue Studio specializes in weddings and portraits for family, maternity and babies.
Step up your game by taking classes at a photography school in your area or private lessons by contacting:
- Dublin Photography School at 56 Aungier St
- Dublin Camera Club at 10 Camden Street Lower
- Photography Academy of Ireland at 54 Merrion Square S
- Studio ID-11 at Marlay Craft Courtyard
Learn to become a more creative and confident photographer by pushing the limits of your digital SLR, bridge, or mirrorless camera and mastering all of the latest methods at Dublin Photography School.
The largest photography club near you is Dublin Camera Club who celebrated their 75th anniversary in 2020. Anyone above the age of 18 is welcome to join the club which is also a philanthropic non-profit organization.
The tutors at Photography Academy of Ireland will be there for you every step of the way providing support, direction, and encouragement right from the start of your study.
Yusuf Amod and Jane Cummins founded Studio ID-11 in 2018 as a result of their passion for analogue photography and the pleasure they get from teaching others about the many shooting and printing techniques they use. They’ve hosted a number of photography and art camps for children and young adults in recent years.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Dublin
When you want to buy a new camera or get an old one repaired head to:
- Conns Cameras at 54 Clarendon St
- John Gunn Camera Shop at 16 Wexford St
- Camera Repair at 29-30 Dame St
- Camera Repair Centre at 44 Leinster Rd
- Camerakit at Terenure Business Park, #1
- Bermingham Cameras at 9 Burgh Quay
Camera Repair Centre provides professional service for Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Fuji, Panasonic, Hasselblad, and other brands of photography equipment in your area.
Best Places For Selfies
You can take beautiful selfies at:
- Dublin Castle
- Phoenix Park
- Merrion Square
- St Stephen’s Green
Originally formed as a hunting park in the 1660’s The Phoenix Park is one of the largest enclosed public parks in any capital city in Europe. The Zoological Gardens, ras an Uachtaráin, and Victorian floral gardens are all located within the Park and are great places to take selfies near you.
Dublin Castle was built on the site of a Viking town in the early thirteenth century and stood as the seat of English and then British authority in Ireland for centuries. It’s currently a huge government complex as well as a popular tourist destination and a great place to take local pictures.
St Stephen’s Green Park is a historical park and garden in the city center. The park is a valuable public resource in the neighborhood providing a haven of green serenity in the midst of a bustling metropolis.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
We don’t have a lot of camera shops to list because ones on our phones have become pretty good themselves and you can buy the latest and greatest at:
- Cell Hub Phone PC Centre at 14 Meath St
- Tesco Mobile at Jervis St
- Murray Mobile at 2 Rathmines Rd Upper
- iSales Dublin at 9 Porters Ave
From the highest megapixel camera phones with the latest bluetooth technology to cheaper options for those on a budget you won’t have any problem finding what you need at those stores.
Some of these places sell security cameras while others will provide the services that go along with them:
- Action24 at C1, Three Rock Rd
- Security Watch at 65, Premier Business Park
- Alert Watch Security at #237, Blanchardstown Corporate Park 2
- Safenet Systems at 69 St Peter’s Terrace
- 2020 Cctv
- Dublin Cctv Installations
- McDonald Group Security Alarms at 17 Castle St
- Northwood Technology at 56 Nore Rd
- Securigard Alarms at Rathfarnham
Whether you want to buy and install security cameras yourself or need a company to monitor them for you one of the above can help you out.
You may also want to check out our posts on:
- Renting Photography Studios in Belfast
- Renting Photography Studios in Edinburgh
- Renting Photography Studios in Glasgow
- Renting Photography Studios in London
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope you learned a little something about cameras and photos in your area today. You read about all kinds of topics like where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, developing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security.
Anyone that is still here probably has a solid grasp on the local photography scene themself. If so don’t be shy, tell us what we got wrong or share your own tips in the comments.
We hope you have fun buying cameras and taking photos in Dublin.