Anyone that is hoping to learn about where you can buy cameras and take photos in Manchester has come to the right place. Those topics are just the beginning as we have plenty of other related things to get into as the post moves forward.
There probably isn’t a better way for us to begin than with the best local photographers for those who need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or who just want to capture memories at any special event. Then you can read about photo printing shops where you should be able to develop and print passport photos, brochures, marketing materials or anything and we will discuss photography studios in your area too.
Some reading this might be interested in taking photography classes or maybe you just want to know about places to buy cameras and some repair shops which should sell all the new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, or other equipment and accessories you might desire.
Places to take beautiful selfies near you will get a shout out before other loosely related subjects like camera phones and security cameras. We will do our best put the right shops in the right lists but since many of these topics are quite correlated some crossover between the lists should be expected.
Be sure to check out the map at the end which can help you figure out where all the Manchester camera and photo places we list are located. To read more posts on cities around this part of the world check out that link.
You can find a local photographer for a wedding, graduation, or other special event by contacting:
- The Crowthers Photo & Film
- Shane Webber Photography
- Documentary Wedding Photographer
- Decoy Media
- Andrew Wood Photography
- Neilson Reeves Photography
- Bernadette Delaney Photography
The Crowthers, Shane Webber, and Documentary Wedding Photographer offer services for taking high quality photos and films especially for local weddings. Commercial and corporate photography are two of the specialties of Decoy Media which also takes pictures of events, architecture, food, and theater acts.
Boudoir, burlesque, bridal, and nude photography near you are all services offered by Andrew Wood. Neilson Reeves has been in the industry doing portrait and architectural photography since 2008. Bernadette Delaney offers photo packages for commercials, events, and parties.
To get a passport photo printed near you or to just print the selfies off your camera or phone visit:
- DS Colour Labs at 720 Wilmslow Rd
- Max Spielmann at 85, Arndale Centre
- Klein Imaging at 15a, 8 Lower Ormond St
- Advanced Photo at 25 John Dalton St
- Snapshot at 44 Leicester Rd
- 11zoom Photo Shop at 900 Stockport Rd
- I Need Print at City Centre, 49 Piccadilly
- Final Print Media at 94, 96 Grosvenor St
- Mu Print at 28 Higher Cambridge St
All of those options for photo printing in your area are good ones. Color or black-and-white images should be developed, and they should be able to put them on just about whatever you desire.
Anything from brochures and pamphlets to passport photos to books and posters can be developed and printed by these companies who should also be able to handle wall graphics, digital prints, real estate advertisements, and other marketing materials. Most should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
Studios For Rent
You can try to rent photography studio space at:
- NQ Photography Studio at 17 The Circuit
- Studio 303 at Cambridge St
- Flawless Photography & Makeover Studios at 37 Lever St
- Ivy Rose Studio at 127B Oswald Rd
- Budget Studio Hire at The Warehouse, Studios, Barton Rd
- GQ Studios at 86 North St
- Vanessa Louise Photography at 3 Stevenson Square
NQ Photographic lends a spacious area with an industrial design and wooden floorboards that is ideal for editorials, interviews, music videos, and photography. Studio 303 is a 10,000 square foot facility with two large cycloramas, multiple colored backdrops, and built in set spaces for shooting and filming.
Budget Studio Hire provides a professional setting for photography, videography, film making, castings, and make up training. Vanessa Louise Photography rents out a studio and does newborn, baby, toddler, maternity, and family portraits among other things.
Here is a list of photography schools and people who give private lessons on taking beautiful pictures in your area:
- Institute of Photography
- Slattery School Photography
- Studio Bee Photography Studio at 14-16 Faraday St
- Ian Wallis Photography at Advent Way
Institute of Photography offers online programs that educate aspiring photographers on relevant and important topics.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Manchester
Before smartphones this list would have been a lot longer but you can still buy cameras in Manchester or get them repaired at:
- Wex Photo Video Manchester at Downing Street Industrial Estate
- London Camera Exchange at 16 Cross St
- Real Camera at 7 Dale St
- Sensor Clean at Room 30, 8 Lower Ormond St
- Leica Store at 9 Police St
Wex sells and repairs Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, and many other brands of cameras, lenses, flashguns, and film scanners in your area. London Camera Exchange buys, sells, and trades photography equipment and accessories. Real Camera has been in business since 2001 selling and repairing photographic items.
Sensor Clean is a photography equipment support service that performs lens calibration and mirrorless camera repair. Leica Store provides analogue camera servicing, rangefinder adjustment, light seal replacement, and sensor cleaning services.
Best Places For Selfies
Some of the best places to take selfies around the region would be:
- Heaton Park at St Margaret’s Rd
- Boggart Hole Clough at Charlestown Rd
Heaton Park has a lot of public facilities and is a popular place for filming, photography, and audio recording in your area. Boggart Hole Clough is another great place to take selfies in Manchester.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
These days the cameras on the newest phones can be great and if you want to buy a new one these stores are some solid options:
- Easy Connect at 972 Stockport Rd
- The Mobile Shop at 555A Wilbraham Rd
- Tab 2 Mobile
- Switch Phone at 491 Cheetham Hill Rd
The highest megapixel camera phones with bluetooth, cheaper budget options, and everything in between can be purchased at any of the above.
You can either buy security cameras or have your home or business looked over after contacting:
- MCD Security Systems at 5 Square St
- 0161 CCTV
- One Stop CCTV at #3, 165 Great Ducie St
- Discount CCTV Supplier at #40, Cariocca Business Park
- Avesta Manchester at 64 Waterloo Rd
- Cu CCTV at 1 116 Broughton Ln
- Alarms & CCTV
If you want to add security cameras to your property contact one of the above. All of you are welcome to look through our posts on:
- Photography Studios & Schools in Leeds & Bradford
- Photography Studios & Schools in Liverpool
- Photography Studios & Schools in Sheffield
- Photography Studios & Schools in Birmingham
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope that we did a decent job of covering the camera and photo scene near you. Whether you were hoping to learn about where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security you read about it all.
Anyone that made it all the way to the end you might just know a little something about this local scene yourself. If that is the case please use the comments to tell us if we got anything wrong or to share your own tips.
Either way we hope you enjoy buying cameras and taking photos in Manchester.