Anyone that is hoping to learn about where you can buy cameras and take photos in Porto has come to the right place. Those topics are just the beginning as we have plenty of other related things to get into as the post moves forward.
There probably isn’t a better way for us to begin than with the best local photographers for those who need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or who just want to capture memories at any special event. Then you can read about photo printing shops where you should be able to develop and print passport photos, brochures, marketing materials or anything and we will discuss photography studios in your area too.
Some reading this might be interested in taking photography classes or maybe you just want to know about places to buy cameras and some repair shops which should sell all the new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, or other equipment and accessories you might desire.
Places to take beautiful selfies near you will get a shout out before other loosely related subjects like camera phones and security cameras. We will do our best put the right shops in the right lists but since many of these topics are quite correlated some crossover between the lists should be expected.
Be sure to check out the map at the end which can help you figure out where all the Porto camera and photo places we list are located. To read more posts on cities around this part of the world check out that link.
You can find a local photographer for a wedding, graduation, or other special event by contacting:
Brancoprata’s destination wedding, portrait, and editorial film photographer is André Teixeira. It was created in 2003 as a multi-disciplinary creative studio that specializes in event, film, and corporate photography in your area.
You can get all kinds of photos printed at places like:
- Colorfoto at R. de Sá da Bandeira 526
- Fotosport at Pandora, Espaço LVIA202 – Rua Sta.Catarina
- Machines Other Times at Rua dos Mártires da Liberdade 154
- Printy, Print and Graphics at R. de Dom Manuel II 101 Loja 40
- Peninsular at R. de Mouzinho da Silveira 67
- Fujifilm at Edifício Tower Plaza
All of those options for photo printing in your area are good ones. Color or black-and-white images should be developed, and they should be able to put them on just about whatever you desire.
Anything from brochures and pamphlets to passport photos to books and posters can be developed and printed by these companies who should also be able to handle wall graphics, digital prints, real estate advertisements, and other marketing materials. Most should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
If you’re looking for a certain service have a peek at those links to see if you can find the right option for your needs.
Studios For Rent
Rent photography studio space at one of these spots if you have serious matters to attend to:
- Lalaland Studios at R. de Rei Ramiro 274
- NV Studio at R. São João de Brito 19
- Profoto Studios at Av. Oliveira Zina 18
- Overall Studio at Praça de Liége 189
Profoto Studios is a local photography and videography studio specializing in wedding photography and videography
The Instituto Português de Fotografia at 634, Rua da Vitória 129 has been training photographers near you for almost 50 years helping to promote the genre among amateurs, professionals, businesses, and society at large through training based on an organizational culture that encourages employees’ sense of community, creativity, innovation, and personal and professional growth.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Porto
Visit one of these stores when you want to buy a new camera or get an old one repaired:
- Câmaras & Companhia at Rua dos Mártires da Liberdade 77
- AFF at R. do Bonjardim 142
- Cano Amarelo at Rua do Heroísmo 171 e 171 B
AFF sells analogue, compact, mirrorless, bridge, and reflex cameras. Cano Amarelo sells compact, rangefinder, SLR, and TLR cameras.
Best Places For Selfies
Here is a list of great places to take beautiful selfies in your area:
- Livraria Lello at R. das Carmelitas 144
- Igreja do Carmo at R. do Carmo
- Clérigos Church at R. de São Filipe de Nery
- Porto Cathedral at Terreiro da Sé
- Felgueiras Lighthouse at Jardim do Passeio Alegre
- Garden of Morro at Av. da República
The Porto Cathedral is a 17th-century Roman-Gothic structure which was heavily renovated throughout the Baroque period. It still has the appearance of a fortress-church on the inside complete with battlements.
The exquisite rose window and the loggia or side porch which faces the city and was created by Nicolau Nasoni are worth mentioning. The colossal fonts of holy water which date from the turn of the century are located next to the doors. A bas-relief by Teixeira Lopes is next to the 17th century baptismal font.
All of this makes it one of the best places to take selfies in your area without a doubt. Garden of Morro’s requalification turned out to be crucial. It’s a unique place in terms of legacy and history as well as a significant environmental impact.
It’s also a great place to go for recreational and cultural activities and of course to take pictures.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
The newest cell phones have some really nice cameras these days and you can pick one up at:
- 2NDLife Mobile at Rua da Torrinha 161
- Mobile Brains at R. de São Brás 260
- NP4 Game & Smartphone at R. de Gonçalo Sampaio 359
- Mobile Tech at R. Calouste Gulbenkian 115 15
- Tekphone at R. Conde Aurora 147
- Bus N Tech at Rua de Santa Catarina 1407
- Vodafone at Rua Santa Catarina
- Forall Phones at R. Formosa 64
- Tech Mobile at R. de João Pedro Ribeiro 4000
- Asap at R. Eng. Ferreira Dias 161
Whether you are searching for the highest megapixel camera phones with bluetooth or just need budget quality pictures the above stores will have what you need.
You can either buy security cameras or get the services that go along with them at:
- Máxima Segurança at R. do Cerco do Porto 353
- ON24h – Alarmes at R. do Salgueiral Lote 22 Loja 20
Whether you want to buy and install security cameras yourself or need a company to monitor them for you one of the above can help you out. You can also read more of our posts on:
- Places To Take Selfies in Lisbon
- Places To Take Selfies in Madrid
- Places To Take Selfies in Seville
- Places To Take Selfies in Barcelona
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope that we did a decent job of covering the camera and photo scene near you. Whether you were hoping to learn about where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, developing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security you read about it all.
If you read all the way to the end you might just know a little something about this local scene yourself. If that is the case please use the comments to tell us if we got anything wrong or to share your own tips.
Either way we hope you enjoy buying cameras and taking photos in Porto.