Over the next few minutes you will hopefully learn at least a little something about where to buy cameras and take photos in Sacramento. You will also read about everything we could think to include on the topic at hand.
We will start this off by listing some of the best local photographers for when you need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or want to capture memories at any special events. After that where to go for photo printing whether you want to print something off your phone, get a passport photo, need digital marketing materials, or whatever will be discussed, and they will be followed up by photography studios.
You can always try to “develop your skills” by taking lessons at the best photography classes in your area, sorry, we really tried to hold that corny joke back but couldn’t. Even if there aren’t many left these days the best places to buy cameras and repair shops near you will also be discussed. You can expect them to also sell new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, and more equipment and accessories.
After all of that is out of the way it will finally be time to get you out of here with a list of places to take beautiful pictures, plus where you can buy some loosely related items like camera phones or security cameras. Some of the places we mention could definitely be in multiple lists but we will do our best to put the right shops in the right lists and let you know when a place can handle multiple needs.
You can also expect to find a local map at the end of the post to help you figure out where all the Sacramento camera and photo places we list are located. This region of the world is one that we have written many other guides for in the past for those that are interested.
There is no better way to commemorate a wedding, graduation, or other special event then to have a great photographer near you capture the scene:
- Samantha May Photography
- Dee and Kris Photography
- Doug Miranda Photography
- Kris Holland Photography
- Milou and Olin Photography
- Teresa K Photography
- Sebastien Bicard Photography
- Kara Hoffman Photography
- Carmen Salazar Photography
Milou and Olin Photography is great at capturing loving moments from weddings and also offers shoots for families and children, boudoir, photo booths, and pets in your area. Weddings, engagements, couples, and boudoir sessions are all provided by Carmen Salazar Photography.
Teresa K is a local photographer that is a great option for weddings and engagement sessions. Samantha May is a wedding and lifestyle photographer that also provides engagement, family and children, portrait, lifestyle, corporate and commercial shoots.
Dee and Kris specialize in destination photos capturing weddings and couples, families and lifestyles, headshots, and branding.
To print the selfies off your phone or get a photo printed visit:
- Photo Source at 6346 Elvas Ave
- Floppy’s | Digital Copies and Printing at 2031 J St
- Minuteman Press at 930 Alhambra Blvd #80
- Fast Signs at 9632 Emerald Oak Dr A, Elk Grove
- Dynamic Imaging at 620 Commerce Dr, Roseville
- Master Color Printing at 1780 Vernon St # 7, Roseville
- Avalon Printing & Graphics at 106 N Sunrise Ave #B2, Roseville
Each of the above is a good option for photo printing near you. They should be able to provide color or black and white pictures and they can probably put them on just about anything you want.
Whether you need developing and printing for passport photos, brochures, pamphlets, books, wall graphics, posters, digital prints, real estate advertisements, other marketing materials, or just about anything they can probably handle it. They should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
If you have any specific photo printing needs we suggest you look through those links and find a place that offers exactly what you want.
Studios For Rent
You can try to rent photography studio space at:
- Jillian Todd Portraits for Women at 1107 9th St #910
- 358 Studios at 00 Commerce Dr #C, Roseville
- Belly Beautiful Portraits at 720 Sunrise Ave #206b, Roseville
- Luminis Photography Studio at 805 Sutter St, Folsom
Jillian Todd Portraits for Women provides boudoir shoots and intimate portraitures. Philippe Studio provides event, wedding, and videography services in your area.
358 Studios specializes in sports teams, portraits, brands, and corporate clients. Maternity, newborn, and Disney baby pictures are all available through Belly Beautiful Portraits.
The local Luminis Photography Studio is great at taking natural light pictures for family, maternity, baby, senior, headshots, engagement, and weddings. Photo Booth Rental provides event studio rentals, transportable photo booths, and quick picture services for weddings, parties, birthdays, and other gatherings.
- Sacramento City College at 3835 FreeportBlvd
- Mckay Photography Academy at 11344 Coloma Rd #346
- Sacramento State University at 6000 J St
- Viewpoint Photographic Art Center at 2015 J St, #101
- Mark Warren Photography
McKay Photography Academy offers a wide variety of classes including lessons on taking digital photos, Photoshop and lightroom processing, and printing.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Sacramento
Before smartphones this list would have been a lot longer but you can still buy cameras in Sacramento or get them repaired at:
- Mike’s Camera at 2200 J St
- California Precision Services at 1714 28th St
- Action Camera at 1000 Sunrise Ave, Roseville
Mike’s Camera and Action Camera both carry a big selection including 3D, 4K, 8K, bluetooth, DSLR, GPS capable medium format, mirrorless, compact system, NFC capable, point and shoot, prosumer advanced automatic, waterproof, and wi-fi capable cameras from Canon, Fujifilm Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic Lumix, and Sony. They also provide camera cleaning and repair services in your area.
California Precision Services is one of the largest camera repair services in Northern California capable of repairing Nikon, Canon, Sony, Fuji, Olympus, Minolta, Mamiya, DSLR, mirrorless, and compact digital cameras as well as providing services for digital image recovery, point-and-shoot and SLR film, lens and flash repair.
Best Places For Selfies
Some of the best places to take selfies around the region would be:
- Old Sacramento Waterfront at 1014 2nd St #200
- William Land Regional Park at 3800 W Land Park Dr
- Natomas Rose Garden at 2921 Truxel Rd
- Guttridge Park at 8100 Laguna Brook Way, Elk Grove
- Elk Grove Park at 9950 Elk Grove Florin Rd
- Royer Park at 190 Park Dr, Roseville
- Folsom Powerhouse at 9980 Greenback Ln, Folsom
- Folsom Lake State Recreation Area in Orangevale
The Old Sacramento State Historic Park takes up about a third of the property in the Old Sacramento Historic District. The California State Railroad Museum, the California State Military Museum, the Sacramento History Museum, the Wells Fargo History Museum, and the Old Sacramento Interpretive Center are all located there.
Horse-drawn carriage rides, historic trains from the former Central Pacific Railroad passenger station, and cruises on antique riverboats are among the attractions accessible to guests. With so much going on you can see why we listed it as a great place to take selfies near you.
Weddings and outdoor gatherings can be held in the Natomas Rose Garden, and it is one of the best local spots to take beautiful pictures. Elk Grove Regional Park is a popular gathering spot with a dog park, a disc golf course, sand volleyball courts, a 1.4-mile multi-use trail, 17 reservable picnic areas, an aquatic center, baseball fields, a bike park, horseshoe pits, a rentable pavilion, playgrounds, sand volleyball, a scenic lake which allows fishing and a youth center.
Folsom Lake State Recreation Area offers canoers and kayakers a lake access point as well as picnic areas, hiking trails and bike routes.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
These days the cameras on the newest phones can be great and if you want to buy a new one head to:
- Simply Mobile at 4411 Freeport Blvd
- T-Mobile at 1689 Arden Way #1028
- AT&T Store at 9170 W Stockton Blvd, Elk Grove
- Boost Mobile at 8469 Elk Grove Blvd, Elk Grove
- Metro by T-Mobile at 8364 Elk Grove Florin Rd # A
- Boost Mobile at 10401 Folsom Blvd C, Rancho Cordova
Whether you are searching for the highest megapixel camera phones with bluetooth or just need budget quality pictures the above stores will have what you need.
You can either buy security cameras or have your home or business looked over after contacting:
- Mr Security Camera at 4640 Northgate Blvd #145
- Watchdog Security Alarm Systems & Surveillance Cameras at 170 Perazul Cir
- Fox’s Spy Outlet at 8317 Folsom Blvd
- ADT Security Services at 1934 and 1930, Terracina Dr
- Alert 360 Home Security at 708 Roseville Rd #114
- Secure & Alert Systems at 970 Reserve Dr #100, Roseville
- Bright Home Services at 8690 Sierra College Blvd #160 #351, Roseville
- Crime Alert Security at 3265 Ramos Cir, Rancho Cordova
Whether you want to buy and install security cameras yourself or need a company to monitor them for you one of the above can help you out. You may also want to check out our posts on:
- Stockton & Modesto Camera Repair Shops
- San Francisco Camera Repair Shops
- Oakland Camera Repair Shops
- Reno & Lake Tahoe Camera Repair Shops
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope that we did a decent job of covering the camera and photo scene near you. Whether you were hoping to learn about where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security you read about it all.
If you read all the way to the end you might just know a little something about this local scene yourself. If that is the case please use the comments to tell us if we got anything wrong or to share your own tips.
Either way we hope you enjoy buying cameras and taking photos in Sacramento.