You will all hopefully learn at least a little something about where to buy cameras and take photos in Vancouver over the next few minutes. You will also read about everything we could think to include on the topic at hand.
We will start this off by listing some of the best local photographers for when you need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or want to capture memories at any special events. After that where to go for photo printing whether you want to print something off your phone, get a passport photo, need digital marketing materials, or whatever will be discussed, and they will be followed up by photography studios.
You can always try to “develop your skills” by taking lessons at the best photography classes in your area, sorry, we really tried to hold that corny joke back but couldn’t. Even if there aren’t many left these days the best places to buy cameras and repair shops near you will also be discussed. You can expect them to also sell new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, and more equipment and accessories.
After all of that is out of the way it will finally be time to get you out of here with a list of places to take beautiful pictures, plus where you can buy some loosely related items like camera phones or security cameras. Some of the places we mention could definitely be in multiple lists but we will do our best to put the right shops in the right lists and let you know when a place can handle multiple needs.
You can also expect to find a map at the end of the post to help you figure out where all the Vancouver camera and photo places we list are located. This region of the world is one that we have written many other guides for in the past for those that are interested.
There is no better way to commemorate a wedding, graduation, or other special event then to have a great photographer near you capture the scene:
- Aiota Photography
- Michael Sean Lee Photography
- Jelger & Tanja Wedding Photographers
- Pear Tree Photography
- Karizma Photography
- Sachin Khona Photographer
- Justin Ho Photography
- Note Photography
- My City Photos
- Nadia Hung Photography
Michael Sean Lee Photography offers professional headshots, portraits of the family or individuals on an annual basis, photos from a modeling agency or a corporation, photos simply to make you happy, or because you discovered when looking for a profile image that you don’t have.
My City Photos are regarded as one of your areas best family photographers. Nadia Hung Photography has been a local photographer since 2011 pursuing gorgeous weddings and composing emotional, luminous, and strikingly natural photographs using an artistic approach.
To get any kinds of photos printed, processed, or developed head to:
- Allegra Marketing Print Web at Allegra Complex, 1290 Venables St #1
- D & R Photo at 6530 Fraser St
- ABC Photo at 472 W 15th Ave
- The Lab Vancouver at 295 E 2nd Ave
- London Drugs Photo Lab at 351 Abbott St #150
- Rocket Reprographics at 403 W Cordova St
- Kingdom Photo at 3263 W Broadway
- Quadro Photo & Framing at 4396 W 10th Ave
- Beau Photo Supplies at 1401 W 8th Ave #110
Every year since 2010 people have picked Allegra Marketing Print Web as the winner of the annual Consumer Choice award for the Best Printing & Digital Services firm near you. ABC Photo was founded in 1966 and now is one of Western Canada’s largest professional color laboratories.
The Lab is a professional photofinishing business that specializes in the post-production and processing of professional pictures. Photographers, companies, artists, and image experts of all sorts are among their clients.
For over 20 years Rocket Reprographics has specialized in actor photo lab services, musician promos, fashion model portfolio printing, and professional photographers. Kingdom Photo has the most up-to-date equipment and can print professional-grade prints up to 40 wide and whatever length you can think of.
Studios For Better Pictures
Book some time at a photography studio in your area if you have serious matters to attend to:
- Crane Photography Studios at 950 Powell St #202
- Nirvana Photography Studios at 343 Railway St B1
- This Is It Studios at 150 Athletes Way
- Kevin Clark Studios at 857 Beatty St
- Beautiful Life Studios at 1228 Hamilton St
Crane Studios is a 2,500 square foot open-concept photography studio in the center of town that is available for rent and it is ideal for any type of photo session or MOS film production with a 28′ by 46′ shooting space and a 24′ height ceiling.
Nirvana Photography Studios only photographs a few weddings per year allowing them to go all out for their clients. Beautiful Life Studios is a group of some of the best wedding photographers and videographers in your area.
The Professional Photography Program at 100 W 49th Ave is a two-year certificate that gives students hands-on, thorough instruction in order to prepare them for a career in the photography business. Students have access to a variety of specialist photographic equipment, are aided by teachers and staff with a variety of backgrounds and this is an intense curriculum that allows you to build a full portfolio.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Vancouver
Visit one of these stores when you want to buy a new camera, rent one, or get repair work done:
- Broadway Camera at 1055 W Broadway #102
- Kerrisdale Cameras at 2170 W 41st Ave
- Fusion Cine at 1469 Venables St
- Vancam Service at 1666 W 8th Ave
- Workshop Camera Rentals at 111 W Broadway B2
Broadway Camera is an authorized dealer for the industry’s leading brands and has a large inventory of cameras and accessories. They also provide substantial discounts on the majority of their products.
Kerrisdale Cameras is a locally owned and operated full-service photographic store dedicated to offering the greatest variety and service in Western Canada for both new and old digital and film cameras.
For over 35 years VanCam Service has been dedicated to providing the highest quality camera repair work to its customers making them a leader in the repair sector in this city. Workshop Camera Rentals identified a void in the rental market for thorough and caring companies and set out to improve the rental environment near you one camera at a time.
Best Places For Selfies
Here is a list of great places to take beautiful selfies in your area:
- Stanley Park
- Queen Elizabeth Park at 4600 Cambie St
- Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden at 578 Carrall St
- Van Dusen Botanical Garden at 5251 Oak St
- Vancouver Seawall
Where To Buy Camera Phones
The newest cell phones have some really nice high megapixel cameras these days and these stores should have what you need:
- Wireless Wave at Pacific Centre, 701 W Georgia St #Z015
- Cell Clinic at 935 Seymour St
- Best Buy Mobile at 701 West Georgia St #D038C
- Cell Fixx at 6446 Fraser St
- Van Cell at 3292 E 29th Ave
- The Mobile Base Vancouver at 328 W Cordova St
- Cell Universe at 4307 Main St
- Public Mobile at 1433 Commercial Dr
- Mobilyf Cell Care at Near Food Court, 555 W 12th Ave
- Sphere at 326 W Cordova St
- The Mobile Shop at 350 SE Marine Dr
- Freedom Mobile at 116 Davie St
You can either buy security cameras or get the services that go along with them at:
- Hillcrest Security at Regus, 22420 Dewdney Trunk Rd #323
- CCTV Security Cameras at 601 W Broadway # 401
- Empower Security Automation at 601 W Broadway #400
- Vandelta at 9223 Shaughnessy St
- Viewtech Security at 422 Richards St #170
- Provident Security at 2309 W 41st Ave
- Best Security Systems at 1743 Boundary Rd
- Citiloc Systems at 467 Alexander St
- Camera Installations Vancouver
- Cam Central Systems at 399 Mountain Hwy #202
Some of you might also want to check out our posts on:
- Spots To Take Selfies in Seattle
- Spots To Take Selfies in Portland
- Spots To Take Selfies in Calgary
- Spots To Take Selfies in Edmonton
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope you learned a little something about cameras and photos in your area today. You read about all kinds of topics like where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, developing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security.
Anyone that is still here probably has a solid grasp on the local photography scene themself. If so don’t be shy, tell us what we got wrong or share your own tips in the comments.
We hope you have fun buying cameras and taking photos in Vancouver.