Today we will all be going on a deep dive into where you can buy cameras and take photos in Boise. Additionally we will try to cover as much as possible on a wide range of related subtopics.
There probably isn’t a better way for us to kick this off than to list the best local photographers for when you need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or want to capture memories at any special events. Once they have been discussed in detail we will move on to photo printing whether you want to print something off your phone, get a passport photo, need digital marketing materials, or whatever type of printing you might need will be discussed before we pivot to photography studios.
Taking lessons at the best photography classes in your area is a great way to “develop your skills,’ sorry but that corny joke just wrote itself. Even if there aren’t many left these days the best places to buy cameras and repair shops near you will also be discussed. Don’t be surprised if these stores also sell new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, and more equipment and accessories.
A list of places to take beautiful pictures and selfies will definitely get a shout out plus there will be some quick lists for where to buy some loosely related items like camera phones or security cameras. Many of the places we mention could theoretically go in a few of our lists but we will do our best to put the right shops in the right place and let you know when a place can handle multiple needs.
Expect to find a map for the area towards the end of the post to help you figure out where all the Boise camera and photo places we list can be found. And you are all welcome to look through more of our posts on the region at that link if interested.
Commemorate a wedding, graduation, or other special event by hiring a great photographer near you to capture the scene:
- Tiffany Hix
- Tamara Kenyon
- Glean And Co
- Chasing Light Photography
- Maija Karin Photography
- Samuel Marvin Photography
- Jenkins Photography
- Dreamhigh Photography
- Joseph Zahnle Photography
- Jennifer Whittig Photography
- Dreamhigh Photography
Tiffany Hix, Tamara Kenyon, Glean and Co, and Samuel Marvin offer individual and family portrait photography services including newborn, maternity, and senior headshots. Engagement, wedding, and other photo and video shoots in your area are available at Chasing Light, Maija Karin, Jenkins, Dreamhigh, Joseph Zahnle, and Jennifer Whittig Photography.
To get any kinds of photos printed, processed, or developed head to:
- Timeless Photo at 1455 N Cole Rd
- Roots Family History at 1901 Wildwood St
- Evermore Prints at 780 W Main St
- Postal South at 10673 W Lake Hazel Rd
- Alpha Graphics at 517 S 8th St
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center at 3110 E Florence Dr, Meridian
- PostalAnnex+ at 3313 W Cherry Ln, Meridian
- Copycat Copies & Prints at 521 N 10th Ave, Caldwell
- Printcraft of Caldwell at 2614 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell
- Thorne Printing & Copy Center at 623 12th Ave Rd, Nampa
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center at 5657 E Franklin Rd #106, Nampa
All of those options for photo printing in Boise are good ones. Color or black and white images should be developed, and they should be able to put them on just about whatever you desire.
Anything from brochures and pamphlets to passport photos to books and posters can be developed and printed by these companies who should also be able to handle wall graphics, digital prints, real estate advertisements, and other marketing materials. Most should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
Studios For Better Pictures
Book some time at a photography studio in your area if you have serious matters to attend to:
- B Studio at 4619 Emerald St 106
- Studio 870 at 870 N Linder Rd # e, Meridian
- JCPenney Portraits at 1200 N Happy Valley Rd, Nampa
B Studio offers a unit with cyclorama wall, green screen, backdrop options, exposed brick, one 300W strobe with umbrella or soft box, and a bicolor LED panel for local photoshoots and filming. Studio 870 rents out a 1,100 sq ft natural light shooting space with hardwood floors, props, backdrops, makeup room, lounge area, an IPS, and reveal room.
Get better by taking classes at a Boise photography school or find an instructor who gives private lessons by contacting:
- Light Dances at 6806 S Eisenman Rd
- Studio 870 at 870 N Linder Rd #E, Meridian
- The Brandywine School of Art at 1015 Skyline Pl, Caldwell
- Blue Planet Photography at 1526 W Charlotte Ct, Nampa
Studio 870 offers individual or group online photography masterclasses. Affordable personalized courses for photography, digital illustration, drawing, and painting are available at The Brandywine School of Art. Blue Planet Photography conducts photography classes near you along with workshops, individualized private instructions, fine art prints, custom portraiture, and more.
Places To Take Pictures In Boise
- Julia Davis Park at 700 S Capitol Blvd
- Edward’s Green House at 4106 Sand Creek St
- Camel Back Park at 1200 Heron St
- Hyde Park at 1413-1620 N 13th St
- Boise Depot at 2603 W Eastover Terr
- The Flower Place at 930 N Main St, Meridian
- Caldwell Campground & RV Park at 21830 Town Cir #34, Caldwell
- Williamson Orchards & Vineyards at 14807 Sunny Slope Rd, Caldwell
- The Warhawk at 201 Municipal Dr, Nampa
- Still Water Hollow at 18120 Dean Ln, Nampa
Julia Davis, Edward’s Green House, Camel Back, Hyde Park, The Flower Place, and Williamson Orchards and Vineyards are just a few of the greatest spots to take outdoor photos near you. The Boise Depot is a good place to take selfies in your area featuring the beautiful historic Spanish style structures and architectures. The Jimmie Rodgers Museum and Warhawk Air Museum provide lovely indoor picture opportunities.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Boise
Our best suggestion at the moment is to head to one of those studios we listed above like Timeless Photo if you want to buy cameras or get one repaired in your area.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
The newest cell phones have some really nice high megapixel cameras these days and these stores should have what you need:
- 360 Wireless at 118 N Milwaukee St
- AT & T Store at 1475 Broadway Ave
- T-Mobile at 1800 S Meridian Rd # 100, Meridian
- Boost Mobile at 322 S 10th Ave, Caldwell
- Verizon at 1322 Caldwell Blvd, Nampa
The highest megapixel camera phones with bluetooth, cheaper budget options, and everything in between can be purchased at any of the above.
You can either buy security cameras or get the services that go along with them at:
- Peak Alarm at 7373 Emerald St
- Orion Group at 8880 W Barnes St
- Integrated Security Resources at 1403 N Main St, Meridian
- Idaho Yamas Controls at 357 E Watertower St, Meridian
- Gem Supply at 715 Albany St, Caldwell
- Idaho Surveillance Systems LLC at 716 Cleveland Blvd #B, Caldwell
If you want to add security cameras to your property contact one of the above. Some of you might also want to check out our posts on:
- Where To Buy Cameras & Accessories in Seattle
- Where To Buy Cameras & Accessories in Portland
- Where To Buy Cameras & Accessories in Reno & Lake Tahoe
- Where To Buy Cameras & Accessories in Salt Lake City
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope you learned a little something about cameras and photos in your area today. You read about all kinds of topics like where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, developing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security.
Anyone that is still here probably has a solid grasp on the local photography scene themself. If so don’t be shy, tell us what we got wrong or share your own tips in the comments.
We hope you have fun buying cameras and taking photos in Boise.