Today we will all be going on a deep dive into where you can buy cameras and take photos in Istanbul. Additionally we will try to cover as much as possible on a wide range of related subtopics.
There probably isn’t a better way for us to kick this off than to list the best local photographers for when you need wedding pictures, graduation pictures, or want to capture memories at any special events. Once they have been discussed in detail we will move on to photo printing whether you want to print something off your phone, get a passport photo, need digital marketing materials, or whatever type of printing you might need will be discussed before we pivot to photography studios.
Taking lessons at the best photography classes in your area is a great way to “develop your skills,’ sorry but that corny joke just wrote itself. Even if there aren’t many left these days the best places to buy cameras and repair shops near you will also be discussed. Don’t be surprised if these stores also sell new lenses, cleaning supplies, covers, stands, and more equipment and accessories.
A list of places to take beautiful pictures and selfies will definitely get a shout out plus there will be some quick lists for where to buy some loosely related items like camera phones or security cameras. Many of the places we mention could theoretically go in a few of our lists but we will do our best to put the right shops in the right place and let you know when a place can handle multiple needs.
Expect to find a map for the area towards the end of the post to help you figure out where all the Istanbul camera and photo places we list can be found. And you are all welcome to look through more of our posts on the region at that link if interested.
We will be back soon with a list of the best local photographers near you.
To get a passport photo printed near you or to just print the selfies off your camera or phone head to:
- Labonix at Suadiye Ayşeçavuş Cd. 16
- Magic Digi Print at Ergenekon Halaskargazi Cd. 41
- Pass Digital Printing Technology at Oruçreis
- Tuna Digital Printing at Mecidiyeköy MH. KUŞCULAR SK, Mecidiyeköy, Gülbahar Cd. 14
- Prestige Digital Printing at Mehmet Akif, Öztekin Cd. 22
- Best Advertising Digital Printing at Maltepe Litros Yolu Sokak 2 Matbaacılar Sitesi D:ZB17, Maltepe
You should be able to get quality local photo printing from any on that list. Whether you need color or black and white images they can probably print them on just about anything.
Every day they are printing thousands of brochures, pamphlets, books, wall graphics, posters, passport photos, digital prints, real estate advertisements, and all kinds of marketing materials so they can probably help you too. They should also be able to assist with scanning, restorations, enlargements, processing, digital repairs, and more.
If you have any unique photo printing or developing needs we recommend that you browse those links and find a place that offers exactly what you’re looking for.
Studios For Rent
Renting photography studio space might be possible at:
- 2miz Professional Photography at Fulya Mehmetçik Cd. 52/a
- Studio Me Istanbul at Emniyetevleri Yamaç Sk. 17
- Blackout Studio at 19 Mayıs Mahallesi 19 Mayıs, Fulya Bayırı Caddesi, Güven 1 Sk Altınışık Apartmanı D:1A
- Photo Studio Alyans at Barbaros Mimar Sinan Cd. 192
- Professional Photography Services at Selimiye, Selimiye Kışla Cd. 8 D:B
- Headshot Istanbul at 31 3, 12, Fulya, Yeşilçimen Sokağı Polat Tower Residence
- Pastel Baby Photography at Atatürk Mah. Ertuğrul Gazi Sk. Metropol İstanbul Sitesi, Ataşehir Atatürk, A Blok 2E D: 303
2miz Professional Photography specializes in beauty, covers, celebrity, fashion, outdoor, studio, retouching, and decorating. Studio Me will rent their local photography studio to you for all of your picture and video needs.
Wedding photos and videography are among the services provided by Professional Photography Services.
One of the most popular photography classes in Turkey is Photo Player at Mecidiyeköy Meydan. They provide a course online as well as face-to-face classroom training.
Camera Stores & Repair Shops In Istanbul
Back in the day before smartphones this list would have been a lot longer but you can still buy cameras in Istanbul or get them repaired at:
- Sony Deneyim Merkezi at Hobyar Mah. Ankara Cd. Kat 4 71
- Babatas Photography at Hocapaşa Mahallesi Muradiye Caddesi Hayyam Çarşısı Zemin Kat 17-15
- Teknik Foto Sirkeci at Fatih/İstanbul Ankara Cad. Kastelli iş merkezi giriş kat 36
- Leica Camera Türkiye at Levent, Kanyon AVM Büyükdere Cad. 185
- Nikon Servis Foto-Tech at Hobyar, Hobyar Zafer Han، Büyük Postane Cd. 1 Kat 2
- Er Dijital Fotoğraf at Hobyar Mahallesi, Ankara Caddesi Kastelli İş Merkezi Giriş Kat 37/40/41, Hobyar
- Karacasulu Foreign Trade at Hoca Paşa, Ebussuud Cd. 41
Digital and compact cameras, lenses, professional video cameras, camcorders, and accessories are all available from Sony. Babatas Photographic Company provides collections, current models, and equipment such as cameras, lenses, and accessories to its customers.
Since 2004 Photo and Video Camera has provided technical support to Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Kodak, Samsung, Casio, Pentax, Fuji, and Panasonic. They also provide Sony and Canon video camera maintenance and repair in your area.
Nikon and Canon technical support is provided by Foto Tech who also offers digital camera lens repair, flash repair, sensor cleaning, and appraisal services. Er Dijital has been offering photographic materials, video camera accessories, spare parts, and professional assistance since 2002.
Best Places For Selfies
Some of the best places to take selfies around town would be:
- Galata Tower at Bereketzade, Galata Kulesi
- Hagia Sophia at Sultan Ahmet, Ayasofya Meydanı
- The Blue Mosque at Sultan Ahmet, Atmeydanı Cd. 7
- Galata Bridge at Kemankeş Karamustafa Paşa, Galata Köprüsü
- Maiden’s Tower at Salacak
Istanbul’s Historic Areas includes the Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia Mosque, Hagia Irene Museum, Little Hagia Sophia Mosque, and Topkapi Palace Museum. The Maiden’s Tower sits 150-200 meters off the coast of Üsküdar’s Salacak neighborhood and is a great place to take selfies near you.
Although the exact date of construction of the Maiden’s Tower is unknown the architectural style of the tower is thought to date from around 340 BCE.
Where To Buy Camera Phones
These days the cameras on the newest phones can be great and if you want to buy a new one head to:
- Apple Kutusu at Hobyar mahallesi,yalıköşkü caddesi 32,mühürdarzade iş hanı,kat:4/419
- Mobilparcasi at Süleymaniye, Uzun Çarşı Cd
- Oryox at Ankara Caddesi Cağaloğlu Yokuşu 17 Evren Han Daire: 26
- Arifler Iletisim at Hasanpaşa, Söğütlüçeşme Cad. 198
The highest megapixel camera phones with bluetooth, cheaper budget options, and everything in between can be purchased at any of the above.
You can either buy security cameras or have your home or business looked over after contacting:
- Wolttech Security Systems at Sümer
- Maslak Güvenlik Kamera at Poligon
- Citynet Alarm and Surveillance Systems at Seyitnizam
- Snc Life at Cemil Meriç
- Fonri Akıllı Alarm at Merkez
- Güvenlik Kamerası at Esentepe
If you want to add security cameras to your property contact one of the above. You may also want to check out our posts on:
- Camera Phones & Accessories in Sofia
- Camera Phones & Accessories in Athens
- Camera Phones & Accessories in Bucharest
- Camera Phones & Accessories in Kiev
Enjoy Taking Photos With Your New Camera
We hope you learned a little something about cameras and photos in your area today. You read about all kinds of topics like where to buy cameras, get them repaired, photographers for hire, printing, developing, studios, classes, places to take selfies, camera phones or security.
Anyone that is still here probably has a solid grasp on the local photography scene themself. If so don’t be shy, tell us what we got wrong or share your own tips in the comments.
We hope you have fun buying cameras and taking photos in Istanbul.